Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Village office Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 517-775-9314.
List of other utility providers.
119 E Michigan Avenue
Hours: M-F, 8:00am-12:00pm, 1:00pm–4:00pm
The Village office is your go-to for Village utility payments, permits for locations within the Village limits, Village summer taxes, questions for Department of Public Works, Electric, Water, and Sewer, reservations for park pavilions and Smith Kimball Community Center, and garbage or recycle questions.
Clinton Township Office
172 W Michigan Avenue
Hours: M, W, F, 8:00am-12:00pm
The Township office is your go-to for voting, Property-Transfer Affidavit, Riverside Cemetery questions, winter and summer Township taxes, and permits for locations outside of the Village limits. Visit the Township's website for additional information.
Photo credit: Amber Mikasa
- Brush pick-up is on the first and third Thursday of the month from April through October, weather and staff permitting.
- Brush or tree branches must be less than four inches in diameter.
- They must be placed in the yard by the curb for easy access, but not placed in the street.
- It must be cut in neat, compact, lightweight bundles of no longer than four feet that can be easily picked-up by one person and placed in a truck or chipper.
- Do not tie the bundles.
- No more than seven bundles per parcel of property each pick-up.
- Commercial contractors are responsible for disposing of any tree and brush cut from a homeowner’s property.
- Property owners are responsible for disposing of any tree roots and trees they trim or cut down that have more than seven bundles of brush.
The Village provides a compost program to Village residents. The compost pile is located on Bartlett Street West of Railroad Street and is available for grass clippings and leaf drop-off; no twigs, branches, bags, or items that will not decompose. Composted soil is available for residents at no cost if individuals pick it up at the compost site. Limit to 1 wheelbarrow load.
Service is provided by Stevens Disposal & Recycling. Trash is collected every Friday and recycling is every other Friday. For more details, visit the Garbage and Recycling page.
Real trees are picked up throughout the month of January. Tree stands must be removed before placing by the curb.
Leaf collection is throughout the month of November. Place all piles of leaves in the street near the curb.
The Village provides a woodchip/mulch program from the brush and tree branches that are chipped on brush pick-up days. There is no charge to deliver a load of woodchips/mulch to a home within the Village limits if coordinated with the Village’s brush pick-up schedule. For a fee, the Village can deliver woodchips/mulch to residents outside of the Village limits within a five-mile radius. For wood chip delivery, please call the Village office at 517-456-7494.
The Village has a summer tax and the Township has a summer and winter tax. If you live within the Village limits, you will have all three taxes each year. If you live outside of the Village limits, you will only have the Township taxes to pay on a yearly basis.